[HECnet] Area 7 and 8 funny...?

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Sun Jul 1 16:10:19 PDT 2012

El 01/07/2012, a les 17:06, Bob Armstrong va escriure:

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

  7.78     BITXT2             0       93       30         UNA-0         ->   7.6       MBSERV

30 hops???   That is impressive....

Yes. More if you know that BITXT2 is a KLH-10 machine running inside a VBox machine running in the same host as BITXOO (the node from which I executed the command).

To be honest, I have absolutely no clue about what's going on. At the same time the CPU usage of the host machine skyrocketed to 200% (100% of both cores). To add to the weidnesness, I run a java applications server (glassfish) there, and it was over 90% of CPU... when it should be idle.

I guess I need to do a preventive IPL of that machine.

Bob

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES