[HECnet] Area 7 and 8 funny...?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jul 1 15:45:37 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-01 16:41, Johnny Billquist wrote:
There seems to be some problem with the bridge to area 7 and 8, as
observed from my view.

I have the adjacency constantly going down and up. Looking at the status
of the areas, my next hop is constantly showing as SG1 (19.41).
Now, SG1 has a separate connection to area 8, and communication to area
8 works. I assume that is because this separate path.

No communication seems to work to area 7 from me, and looking at the
path, it would appear that from me to area 7 it is:
me -> SG1(19.41) -> GORVAX(8.400) -> area 7.

Which is weird, since area 7 is (as far as I know) only connected to
HECnet through the bridge. I know that area 7 used to work fine. Is it
working for anyone else? Also, is connections out from 7 working?

As for area 8, anyone have any ideas? I'm wondering if I should just
shut down those two links for now, until we've figured out what the
problem is...

FYI: Doing some more experimentation right now, and these entries might be off in my bridge config if someone tries to contact these areas.