[HECnet] decnet.org

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:25:43 PDT 2012

Okay I mentioned earlier (if my mail got through) about my site at DECtec.info. I'd be willing to throw my lot in with a potential decnet.org/HECnet effort as I can't realistically build a massive amount meaningful on DECtec.info myself so I'd like to put some work part of a community instead. I will keep the DECtec mailing list open though, perhaps we could offer it as a more general mailing list vs. the HECnet specific list here?

I have already produced and polished up a really nic DEC-esque skin in the later bugandy colour scheme for Mediawiki (see http://wiki.dectec.info/wiki/Main_Page) and it wouldn't take a lot of work to port it to a DEC blue version should you prefer a more retro look. I also have experience setting up and managing Mediawiki installations although I'm no class genius by a long way, but I do have the necessary knowledge to at least set up one and make some efforts to keep the spammers out provided I can work in concert with the server;'s admin to ensure the correct library support etc.

Count me in, at least for the Wiki side, and if you boil up a Wordpress blog I'll happily help with that too.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo