[HECnet] SimH, Ultrix and DECnet

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jun 28 17:53:31 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-28 16:48, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
Various operating systems have amusing messages.   One of the fun ones in RSTS (unless you got it) was what it would print if the program was killed due to an addressing error or parity error or the like.

"Program lost -- sorry"

Indeed. There are several in BP2:
25                     ?Disk pack needs 'CLEANing'
66                     ?Missing special feature
87                     ?Expression too complicated
103                   ?Program lost-Sorry
108                   ?End of statement not seen
109                   ?What?
136                   ?Illegal or illogical access
174                   ?File expiration date unexpired
236                   ?TIME limit exceeded
239                   ?Arrays must be square

Just to pick a few...

This one is "classic" in RSX:
.err -69
000273 (-69): %I/O-F-IE.NFW, path lost to partner

	Johnny

	paul