[HECnet] [Simh] Pi VAX Cluster

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 10:26:39 PDT 2012

On 14 Jun 2012, at 02:34, Boyanich, Alastair wrote:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure why I thought it was ARMv6.
Still, I have an Rpi on order and due sometime in the next several
years. I'd like ideally to replace some systems I have such as the
TheoLinux router to save some power. More ram though :) I still wonder
about heat.

Also this VIA seems to have 2gb onboard flash + the weenySD slot.

This is a full clarification of the ARM architecture version versus ARM model number issue. It is slightly confusing, but here is some Wikipedia goodness to help iron it out a bit:

Simple breakdown:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture#ARM_cores

More complex and comprehensive breakdown:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ARM_microprocessor_cores

Just thought I'd clear that up as it's confused the funk out of me a few times :)

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo