[HECnet] [Simh] Pi VAX Cluster

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:36:10 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 06/17/2012 08:35 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
  Ahh, I know those machines well; I ran three or four of them here for
a long time, as general "utility" servers.   One was my mail server, one
was my web server, one ran DNS and other network infrastructure stuff.
They were great machines.   I just gave the stack of them (but retained
one =)) to a friend at VCF-East last month.

  Good little machines, and reasonably power-efficient and compact while
still having enough PCI slots to do useful things.

  They are based on the 21064A; considerably faster than the 21066 at
the same clock speed.   I don't recall what chipset is wrapped around it.
(in either case)

And I'm darned glad it wasn't me.....

  Well the fellow who got them was quite happy about it. ;)

Dave did you take those two
things the pair who handled the buy&sell process at that event were
using as foot rests? If so can you confirm that they work?

  I'm not sure of what items you're talking about...can you refresh me?

Hello!
The two footrests were a pair of DEC networking gizmos that worked to
serve terminal sessions. I believe they were the bigger family members
to the Terminal servers I have.here. Those were Terminal Server model
90L+ units. I think you said they were model 25s but even I might be
remembering wrong.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com