[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Sat Jun 16 19:15:54 PDT 2012

El 11/06/2012, a les 13:43, gerry77 at mail.com va escriure:
able to find...

Please, note that I'm really not versed in TOPS-20 configurations so I shall
write about TOPS-10 only. :)
(...)

2) LAT. LAT works fine in TOPS-20. In TOPS-10 LCP tells me LAT is
active, but it does not work (does not even announce itself). How do I
enable LAT in TOPS-10?

Well, I'm using a homemade LAT-enabled monitor and I have the following in my
SYS:SYSTEM.CMD file (among other things):
(...)
(Notice the NORUN parameter!)

Thanks a lot. It kinda worked, but I got these messages when I tried to llogin:

$ llogin bitxt1

? INTTNF SYS:TTY.INI not found
BITXT1 19:54:50 TTY5 system 3600
Connected to Node   Line # 770
.LOGIN 100,2
.R OPSER
[OPRPAF Processing auto command file]
?OPRALF LOOKUP failure 0
*

Well, I was able to figure out by myself. The SYS:TTY.INI file had (don't know why) <057> protection. I changed it to <055> and I got the familiar prompt after llogin.

So thanks-a-lot. :)

Anyway you'd still have to discover why your monitor has crashed... You can
see a log of your dumps by running CRSCPY interactively and giving it the
REPORT command at the CRSCPY> prompt.

One more thing to work on :)

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name