[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 8 08:22:49 PDT 2012

On 06/08/2012 03:17 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Ok. The next obvious thing is just cleaning. As with all tape drives,
the heads needs cleaning once in a while. Get isopropanol, some cotton
heads, and just clean them.
If things still fails after that, then I don't have any more quick
fixes. :-)

But next to the pickup, the cleaning have fixed countless of them for me.

  I haven't tried cleaning TK50 heads in years, but I will (now that I
have a more respectable workspace) start trying that.   I will let you
know how things go.   I'll probably start digging into those within the
next month or two.   Thank you for the suggestion!