[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Thu Jun 7 12:10:48 PDT 2012

Al 07/06/12 13:06, En/na Dave McGuire ha escrit:

Oh, thanks. As I said, I've plenty of "modern" stuff, but I miss some of
the older software I used back in those days (pre-5.0), a (call it
nostalgia) I'm quite trying to reproduce that first environment I worked
on. Right now, I miss:
    Will pre-5.0 VMS run on a 4000-90?   I don't recall when NVAX CPU
support was added to VMS.
I don't think so. I've built a 4.7 system running in a 11-780 SIMH emulator :) I doubt 4.7 would run even in my 3300 (my oldest real machine).

BTW, 4.7 boots so fast under SIMH than at first I thought it had somehow crashed or hung. When I got the "username:" prompt after pressing return I was amazed :)