[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Thu Jun 7 11:11:36 PDT 2012

Jordi,
You wrote that the NIC on the 4000-90 was broken. Did you try an external transceiver on the AUI connector (there's a switch on the back).
An Alllied Telesys or DEC transceiver might solve the issue. The logic that drives the BNC connector is on a separate module IIRC.
If you need software kits for the VAX, post your needs. If I have the kit(s) I'll burn them on a CD.
Hans