[HECnet] New Face

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Fri Jun 15 15:49:15 PDT 2012

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
Barcelona - Catalunya - Europa

El 15/06/2012, a les 16:25, Joe Ferraro <jferraro at gmail.com> va escriure:

Interesting that you think that the idea of a keyboard will even be a reality in 10 years, glass, forcefield, or whatever... I would tend to think that simple I/O would come from speech or another method.

I don't think so. Just imagine an office full of people all talking to their computers at the same time. It would be as the worse call centre cacophony you can think about... Multiplied by 1000.

I'm still using my old IBM model M keyboard... And to get it away from me you should pry it from my dead fingers... I love that clicky-ta-clack sound. Modern keyboards just can't beat it!

If the industry does move toward glass screens, it'll be interesting to see how long until ergonomic consideration circles back around... I can't see "typing" on a flat desk, eight hours a day....

I do like the forcefield idea...