[HECnet] New Face

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Fri Jun 15 02:39:26 PDT 2012

Quite amusing, you just missed a HUGE thread on running SIMH on a Pi :)

Welcome to the gang, Johnny Billquist is the chap to talk to re: nodes etc.

Sampsa

On 15 Jun 2012, at 02:34, Tony Blews wrote:

Hi,
I've just joined the list.
I'm Tony, and I worked with VMS and Ultrix boxes and DECnet back in the late 80s/early 90s.
I'm currently running an emulated MicroVAX with OpenVMS 7.3 on a single board computer the size of a cigarette pack (The Raspberry Pi).
Having played about with TCP/IP and getting the webserver running, I thought it might be a nice idea to get DECnet up.
Sure, I could just set up a local one within the house to connect various emulations, but that just seems too easy.

So, my questions:
1. Is HECnet still active?
2. Can I add my "machine"?
3. Can it be called "PIVAX"?

I already have a separate Linux box running (the house file server), so installing the bridge software isn't a problem.

Tony Blews.