[HECnet] Osborne 1 -a potential terminal

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jun 13 16:16:00 PDT 2012

A place like the classiccmp newsgroup is a better bet. Please do not abuse this list.

	Johnny

On 2012-06-13 16:53, Patrick J. Jankowiak wrote:
Hello,

I apologize for the off topic post but this Osborne 1A in California
needs a home and I have nowhere else to turn. I do not collect any more
but people still occasionally turn to me with an offer or to find a home
for their unwanted yet classic computers. The message *below* from Don
offers one for the cost of shipping.

Knowing the system type below, a good re-seating, solder touch up, and
cleaning could get it back. They ran hot inside. The 1A incorporated
some improvements for that.

Many pics of this type of system here for anyone interested.
There is probably a terminal program for it, would be an interesting
on-topic use for it.
http://bunkerofdoom.com/computers/osborne1/index.html

Patrick Jankowiak
OpenVMS Hobbyist #1