[HECnet] netowrk flapping....

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sat Jun 9 23:48:35 PDT 2012

Marc Chametzky wrote:
With my connection, I noticed that the circuit would disconnect and
reconnect periodically. It corresponded to the timeout in my firewall
causing the UDP association to be lost. When I increased the timeout
in my firewall for these port 700 UDP "connections", that made my
circuit much more stable.

  Like Peter said, Peter and I had a big debate about this at lunch today.
UDP is, by definition (or so I thought), both stateless and connectionless.
I can't understand what state or connection is being timed out in this
case....

Bob