[HECnet] netowrk flapping....

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jun 9 06:15:21 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-09 07:06, Peter Lothberg wrote:
  We (all of us with Multinet, I think) see this problem occasionally.   AFAIK
no one has come up with an adequate explanation, let alone a solution.

Let's figure it out. It hapens more or less exaclty every 10 minutes.

    You can always turn off logging if it bothers you :-)

Bob,

If someone trying to use the link, they will be unhappy..

(In internet backboone between core routers at 10G or 40G or 100G we
started to troubleshoot if the error rate got over 1x10-e13 for a
single hop...)

I agree. If something is telling you that there is a problem, you should fix the problem, not silence the information.