[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Fri Jun 8 16:58:00 PDT 2012

PATHWORKS for MAC V1.3...

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Gregg Levine
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 11:09
To: hecnet at update.uu.se
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

On 8 Jun 2012, at 00:10, Dave McGuire wrote:

  Of course it'd be preferable in a dozen ways to have the native
kernel-based DECnet support continue to be maintained, alongside
IPv4, IPv6, etc where it belongs...but if we can't find
anyone to do
that work, we'll have to solve the problem some other way, when it
actually becomes a problem.

The upside of this solution is that it's relatively
portable though - I'd love to have a DECNET stack on my OS X
boxes, for example (in fact as mentioned before latd DOES
work on OS X as it's kinda implemented in a similar way)..

Sampsa

Hello!
At one point in time, the OS for the Mac did speak natively
to the DEC family of hardware. It would be very interesting
to find out how they did it. This would greatly benefit
Sampsa at least.

As for us? Excellent question.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com