[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jun 6 10:33:18 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-06 11:26, Peter Coghlan wrote:

No, you have not misunderstood. You are just not getting the full
picture. Yes, the Cisco box will transport the DECnet frames inside
something. At the bottom there will be IP, but most likely the DECnet
frames are actually sitting inside UDP...

My understanding of it is that GRE is another IP protocol on the same level
as TCP and UDP rather than using UDP.

You could definitely be right on GRE. It was way too long since I actually tried working with GRE to really remember much anymore...