[HECnet] HP Integrity

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 20:24:52 PDT 2012

On 9 Jun 2012, at 18:46, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

My zx6000 has 2*1,5GHz CPU's, 24GB RAM (just aqcuired), Radeon 7000AGP, but just 4,3GB disks (RZ1CF). When I bought it, it was without RAM and disks.

Great for heating your house and rapidly running up your electricity bill, I dare say, mind you I don't expect excess heat is so much of an issue in Finland! ;)

VMS is installed on those small disks and that wasn't difficult. I didn't need a shoehorn :P . VMS really don't need enormous disks - even if we are talking about the Itanium version.
But to be honest, I have to find bigger and faster disks. :)

I hit lucky just after I got mine and found a guy selling new, boxed and original HP 15krpm 73GB drives in the correct carriers for the zx6000 for   60 each shipped. I grabbed 2, one is in my IBM POWER5 machine (because it matches the existing disk) and the other is in my zx6000.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo