lunchbox VAXen, was Re: [HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 8 00:17:00 PDT 2012

On 06/07/2012 09:13 AM, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:
A vaxstation 2000 and a microvax 2000 run V4.7 too. With VWS instead of Motif at a reasonable speed.

  Lunchboxes! :-)   And there are images for new boot ROMs available for
those which will allow you to boot from the on-board SCSI host adapter,
which is relatively slow (NCR5380-based) but still less painful than
trying to find, and then afford to purchase, an RD54.

  I think someone even wrote a driver for VMS to use disks on that
controller.   I have several of those machines; I really should look into
that.   Does anyone have any further information on, or actual copies of,
those boot ROMs and/or the VMS device driver?