rtVAX 300, was Re: lunchbox VAXen, was Re: [HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 8 02:24:04 PDT 2012

On 06/07/2012 09:10 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
Oh my field density equalizers!

  So THAT'S what they're calling them now. ;)

That gizmo is the one.

  I thought so!

And if I had the space I'd track the thing down, again. I already have
an M68K based VME board here. My problem isn't now finding a card cage
for it, its working on how to get our old friend Tux working there.

  VME card cages aren't too tough to find.   They're used all over the
industrial world, though, which keeps the prices high.   Best to find one
at a surplus place who doesn't sell into industry much.

Well someday perhaps. If you do find the time to get it working with
your favorite OS, can you do me a favor and work on how to get me
access onto it?

  Of course!