[HECnet] Raspberry Pi + SIMH VAX?

Boyanich, Alastair Alastair.Boyanich at au.fujitsu.com
Tue Jun 5 05:35:09 PDT 2012

  40 VUPs.

Nice! ~ the same then.

  Oh yes, I'll bet!   And keep in mind it's not just the CPU speed but
the memory bandwidth.   It really sped up during that era.

True. Even just using the 4000-m90 for simple numerical problems, it's
quite slippery.

Sadly, no VPU though.

  I WANT WANT WANT a 6000-500 with a vector board.   It's a shame that
VAX 6000s have dried up so quickly.   I must've passed up thirty of
them
over the past fifteen years.   I'm getting a 6300 next month from a
semi-local guy.   That'll be nice, but no vector boards for that model.

Will keep an eye out. I'd love a 6000 also, but doubt I could power it.
Not aware of the vector board. I did do an mp3 decoding routine using
Rigel's VPU back in '99 on a bet for beer. Was the 6000/500 VPU just
Rigels or something else?

Al