[HECnet] Raspberry Pi + SIMH VAX?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jun 5 01:39:08 PDT 2012

On 06/04/2012 06:15 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
VAX KA655X simulation is... sluggish. I'm used to running it on 1.xGHz
x86_64 CPUs (Atom or AMD) with fast hard drives or SATA SSD. The CPU
speed makes it slow but imagine it's as fast or faster than a real
late model VAX. It's by no means perishingly annoying, it just takes a
little thinking between operations. I think I may be spoilt as I've
never used a real VAX.

It would be interesting to hear of a comparison. The "newer" VAXen are
really not that bad. But of course, everything is relative...

  Some of them are downright zippy.   I'll have a VAX 7000 and a
4000-700a on HECnet soon!   Zoom!