[HECnet] Area 6 is back!

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:19:11 PDT 2012

Having lost my Multinet tunnel to Steve's SG1 node a while back I have been trying sporadically to fix it with no luck. I decided hang it today and went back to using the bridge program (which works fine) so I am happy to say Area 6 is back on HECnet.

There are a few caveats however...

If Chrissie still wants machines on HECnet she need to move the off Area 6. I can no longer offer remote area routing for other people without significant extra work and testing. As I also cannot guarantee my uptime at the moment as I am on a very scrappy ADSL service I think it is for the best if the nodes outside my LAN are relocated. I am sorry for this inconvenience.

As indicated by my comment above, access to my network area will as ever be sporadic, depending on power-cuts, ADSL outages and also might be disturbed by some work on my main server, which houses STAR69 and my bridge.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo