[HECnet] Speaking of IDLE

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 4 17:45:12 PDT 2012

On 6/4/2012 12:26 PM, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
On Jun 4, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:

Sadly the updates didn't fix it for me. :(

VAX simulator V3.9-0
/simh/rifter/vax.ini>   set cpu idle
Command not allowed

-brian
That's odd.   I just downloaded and built simh 3.9.0, and it accepts the command without any complaints, both in "vax" and "vax780":

pkoning:simhv39-0 pkoning$ BIN/vax780

VAX780 simulator V3.9-0
sim>   set cpu idle
sim>   show cpu idle
idle=VMS, idle enabled, stability wait = 20s
sim>   set cpu idle=NETBSD
sim>   show cpu idle
idle=NETBSD, idle enabled, stability wait = 20s
sim>   q
Goodbye
pkoning:simhv39-0 pkoning$ BIN/vax

VAX simulator V3.9-0
sim>   show cpu idle
idle disabled
sim>   set cpu idle
sim>   show cpu idle
idle=VMS, idle enabled, stability wait = 20s
sim>   set cpu idle=OPENBSD
sim>   show cpu idle
idle=OPENBSD, idle enabled, stability wait = 20s
sim>   q
Goodbye
pkoning:simhv39-0 pkoning$

Yeah, works fine on linux, but Solaris not so much. :(

And now libpcap doesn't want to easily build on newest Solaris 11. Joy.

-brian