[HECnet] GRE

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue Mar 20 07:18:38 PDT 2012

On 3/19/2012 4:15 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

  Brian, I think the best way to approach it is to just try this:

interface Tunnel1
no ip address
decnet cost 10
bridge-group 1

  Sometimes the simplest approach is best. =)   Offhand I don't see why that wouldn't work.

We'll find out, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

  Another possibility might be to to just bridge everything across the tunnel, then use ACLs to filter on EtherType (DECnet Phase IV is 0x6003):

We'll have to do some testing, but I don't *think* we should need to do that. I'll check with some cisco guys smarter than me.

access-list 200 permit 0x6003
interface Tunnel1
  no ip address
  bridge-group 1 input-type-list 200     # or output-type-list?www

What about LAT/MOP/etc? I'm assuming we may or may not want to allow those?

-brian