[HECnet] GRE

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 14:57:37 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-19 13.15, Dave McGuire wrote:

Brian, I think the best way to approach it is to just try this:

interface Tunnel1
no ip address
decnet cost 10
bridge-group 1

Sometimes the simplest approach is best. =) Offhand I don't see why that
wouldn't work.

Another possibility might be to to just bridge everything across the
tunnel, then use ACLs to filter on EtherType (DECnet Phase IV is 0x6003):

access-list 200 permit 0x6003
interface Tunnel1
no ip address
bridge-group 1 input-type-list 200 # or output-type-list?www

Just a check here. When you do this, will the ethernet packets coming through retain their original MAC source addresses? Otherwise this will not work.

Oh, and you probably need to pass through both 0x6003 and 0x6004.

      Johnny
Sorry for being ignorant, what's GRE?