[HECnet] intro

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Mar 19 08:48:40 PDT 2012

On 3/17/2012 4:41 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 03/17/2012 04:30 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
As other have said - welcome.

  Thank you!

I disagree. Away with you! :-D

I looked at GRE several years ago, but could not make head or tails of
it for the requrements of DECnet, so I gave up on that.

  Ok.   I'm pretty sure Brian told me that some of the HECnet areas were connected via GRE, but I (or he) may be mistaken.   Either way, I know Brian spent some time on it a few weeks ago but was looking for someone to run some tests with.   He seems to have disappeared (he does that from time to time ;)) but when he comes up for air I can work on that with him.   If we can get it working, we'll share configs etc in case anyone else needs that info.

No one uses GRE that I'm aware of. *I* am interested in it, however. :-D

Tomorrow is the last day at the current client (Nexus 1000v, SRM and View!) who is annoyingly 3 hours from my house which has been making for some long, long days. I'll have extra time coming up soon.

-brian