[HECnet] intro

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Mar 17 13:30:17 PDT 2012

As other have said - welcome.

I looked at GRE several years ago, but could not make head or tails of it for the requrements of DECnet, so I gave up on that.
The bridge program that I wrote does something more or less equivalent. Most of HECnet is either using the bridge, or else DECnet over IP on VMS running Multinet.
There might also be someone able to do Cisco DECnet over IP, not sure.

I don't know the physical location of Steve Davidson, but I bet he can tell, and help you get connected...

	Johnny