[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue May 1 01:42:57 PDT 2012

On 04/30/2012 08:07 PM, Peter Coghlan wrote:
Hmm, that's not good.   If memory serves, in an IGS, IOS resides in a
bank of EPROMs and the memory is in the form of 30-pin SIMMs.   I'd try
re-seating those and see how far you get.

I've reseated the SIMMs. I'll test for a while and see how it behaves now.

  Good luck!

The 1600 does not have DECnet capable software.

Perhaps Brian can help out here.

Perhaps. The 1600 doesn't look or sound as impressive as the IGS though :-)

  Indeed. ;)   The IGS became the 3000, which then sorta morphed into the
68030-based 2500 platform.   We all know how long those little buggers
lasted.   I still see them in service from time to time today!   Damn good
hardware.   Simple and bulletproof.