IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Fri Nov 2 17:59:51 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Gregg Levine
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 00:07
To: hecnet at update.uu.se
Subject: Re: IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Dave McGuire
<mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 11/01/2012 11:56 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Nov 1, 2012, at 11:44 PM, "Bob Armstrong" <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:

There are mountains...that'd be tough.

Bigger tower :-)

We can borrow some of the ideas from AT&T Long Lines and
have our own
hobbyist telecom grid. I mean, it's the next logical step
right? Know
anyone with large fibre or copper spools laying around? ;)

  We can do this.

Hello!
Currently the longest run for WiFi happens to be around the
distance from the hills somewhere inside Clark County NV to
about the hills somewhere by Salt Lake Utah. But I'm not sure
what was used.

Oh and look into how the return to Mars prior to the group
we've got up there now accomplished its work.

Oh and Dave all of them used the shower.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

My neighbor worked on the satellite relay software that is used to
communicate with the Mars rover.

-Steve