[HECnet] Raspberry PI SIMH-VAX distro?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 23:38:04 PST 2012

On 23 Nov 2012, at 02:06, Cory Smelosky wrote:

I'd be interested trying this as well, I wonder how this compares to
the real thing.

We could pull out a LOT of cruft from a full install and optimise it if we were to do this. Can SIMH build against uClibc?

The first RaspberryPi system I bootstrapped SimH on was running this:

http://www.linuxsystems.it/2012/06/raspbian-wheezy-armhf-raspberry-pi-minimal-image/

It's bare-bones and has no cruft, might be a good starting point. It hasn't been updated in a while though, I don't know if it's staying with the current package stream for Raspbian or not.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo