[HECnet] Joining hecnet

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Nov 19 11:56:07 PST 2012

On 2012-11-19 19:07, Jerome Ibanes wrote:
Hello,

I have an openvms 7.3-2/vax and 8.4/alpha workstations I would like to
attach to the hecnet network. I have a static IP and the bridge setup,
although I imagine I would need a hecnet node-name and number at this
point.

Hi, Jerome. Sorry for not moving so fast. So, you are a member of the mailing list. Excellent.
You mentioned in a mail to me that DECnet over IP should be an option as well. If you use the bridge, then connecting to me could be done. DECnet over IP some others here can help with.
Once we have figured out where you connect to, the next question is if you want an area, or if we fit you in on an existing area.
And once that is done, we can figure out DECnet addresses.
Node names is a separate question. If you want a specific name, I can check if it is used today or not.