[HECnet] Joining hecnet

Stuart Martin wavey at wavey.org
Mon Nov 19 10:15:09 PST 2012

On 19 November 2012 18:07, Jerome Ibanes <jibanes at gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have an openvms 7.3-2/vax and 8.4/alpha workstations I would like to
attach to the hecnet network. I have a static IP and the bridge setup,
although I imagine I would need a hecnet node-name and number at this
point.

hi folks.

"me too": I've got an alphaserver with OpenVMS 8.4 ready to roll. I've got Rob Jarratt's router running on a spare linux box (raspberry pi, since you asked) because I don't have a static IP. The router code's not configured yet.

I'm a DECnet newbie, so would appreciate some abbreviated hecnet directions if any exist (and if not, a pointer to just go away and read the DECnet manuals is equally welcome).

I'm in the UK. Is hecnet organised by geographic region?

thx,
Stuart