[HECnet] digest mode for list

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Nov 2 07:27:18 PDT 2012

Brian Hechinger wrote:
Is it just me or does the whole conversion of serial to modem to pots
to voip back and forth there seem a little excessive?

  I thought people wanted to experience the lights blinking on their DF03 sitting next to their VT100....

So I had an idea. What about a software modem that natively talks VoIP.

  How about an open source codec that knows how to speak Bell 103/212/v.22/etc and then just sends the actual data over IP to its counterpart on the other end?

Bob