[HECnet] RSTS/E + DECNET 4.1

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Nov 3 14:47:42 PDT 2012

On Nov 3, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Nov 3, 2012, at 5:05 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Nov 3, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Oleg Safiullin <form at pdp-11.org.ru> wrote:

Oleg Safiullin wrote:
http://pdp-11.org.ru/~form/files/pdp-11/decnet_e_41.tap
  - SimH/Ersatz-11 tape image
Oh, this is tpc image.
I'll create E11/SimH image soon.

Done.

http://pdp-11.org.ru/~form/files/pdp-11/decnet_e_41.tpc
	- TPC image

http://pdp-11.org.ru/~form/files/pdp-11/decnet_e_41.tap
	- SimH/E11 image

Thanks! Now I just need to go reinstall RSTS/E as I managed to break my install somehow
Turns out it wasn't a broken install   I just broke the FreeBSD scheduler somehow...

Progress! It can get to TOPS-20 (the connection drops for some reason upon completion), and OpenVMS/Alpha (without issue!). It cannot get to GEWT though. (they run on the same host, so I blame bpf oddities)

Incoming from all other systems fails.

$
set host missy
Connection Established to VAX/VMS Node MISSY

  Welcome to OpenVMS (TM) Alpha Operating System, Version V8.4

AND

$ set host mindy
Connection Established to TOPS-20 Node MINDY

  MINDY -- Experimental TOPS-20 VM., PANDA TOPS-20 Monitor 7.1(21733)-4

This system is for the use of authorized users only.   Usage of
this system may be monitored and recorded by system personnel.

Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring
and is advised that if such monitoring reveals possible
evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may provide the
evidence from such monitoring to law enforcement officials.

@
%Logical link failure to remote node MINDY
NSP reason code =   39
Control returned to node ALPHA

(ALPHA is just a temporary hostname)

Incoming from every system fails to RSTS/E. :(

   Which again, I blame on bpf and whatnot.