[HECnet] accessing MIM from RSTS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Nov 2 13:31:22 PDT 2012

On 2012-11-02 19:50, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 11/02/2012 05:23 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
$ DIR MIM::DU:[FORTH]

      And I'm getting this: (just hitting <cr> at the user/password prompts)

?$ dir mim::du:[forth]
                        Node: MIM
                        User:
                Password:
System Password:
?NFT -- Connection rejected to node MIM
?NFT -- Access not permitted

      Again, this is only from RSTS/E.

Yes. The prompts are done by RSTS/E, and the error comes from MIM
because you are not specifying a user, and your RSTS/E system are not
providing any proxy information as an alternative.

    Ok.   Thanks for the insight.   I will try to figure out how to set up
proxy info in DECnet/E.   You may see me pecking on MIM a bit over the
weekend as I try to get this working.

No worries. Keep experimenting. Just FYI - In VMS and RSX, the commands are:
NCP SET EXEC INCOMING PROXY ENABLED
NCP SET EXEC OUTGOING PROXY ENABLED

(Although you'll only need the outgoing proxy for getting it to work in a nicer way to MIM from your system.)