[HECnet] RSTS/E + DECNET 4.1

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Oct 30 00:53:19 PDT 2012

On Oct 30, 2012, at 3:40 AM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 10/30/2012 03:01 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Come bring me some good trading fodder and you can take home a
VAXstation.

I have a feeling you'd want something more valuable than an iPad
2 + bluetooth keyboardcase. ;)

Perhaps not...are you looking to unload the iPad?   I'd hook you up
with a sweet system for that.

Yeah, I'll part with the iPad. Don't have much use for it now save
for as a musical instrument. I can include 2 keyboards, one docked
and one Bluetooth. 2 cases as well, keyboard is built in to one of
them. Wall charger and sync cable included. Hell, I still have the
box...

Hmmm.   Ok.   Let's take this off-list. (tomorrow...about to crash here)

Yeah, okay. Tomorrow.

Have any interest in a USB/eSATA SATA drive dock?

Nope.

Unfortunately, all that remains is the keyboard and processor. And 6G
of laptop DDR3. It was a fairly broken laptop. I /might/ still have
the display, too.

That's, umm, not terribly useful. ;)   What happened to it??

It had several issues. The power system was touchy...it would be fine for months, then it would sometimes endlessly turn itself on and off (for a better description I'd need to consult logs...it's been awhile), graphics would glitch, disc drive loved oftentimes not working, it couldn't boot from USB CDROM. It couldn't do hardware-assisted virt, the NIC might not have been GigE, short battery life. It wasn't very old either...

Even more amusing? It was a product model that did not exist. The model did not appear on the manufacturer's website.

So I scrapped it for useful parts.