[HECnet] RSTS/E + DECNET 4.1

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Mon Oct 29 22:32:16 PDT 2012

Very interesting... and quite different from the way I did it way back when.

In case you're curious, I used the attached code to patch the running kernel (don't try this at home :-) ) to modify EXE$LOOKUP_LICENSE to always return success. Once that's in place, you can LICENSE REGISTER your own PAKGEN license, or any other for that matter. The PAKGEN license has as its token a string of "issuer~producer" (or "producer~issuer"     I always forget which comes first). You can then use LICENSE/GENERATE/ISSUER=issuer/PRODUCER=producer and LMF will permit it.

--Marc