[HECnet] PDP-11 other thoughts

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 31 13:23:10 PDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 02:16 AM, Gregg Levine wrote:
SBC 11/21 (boardname KXT11) Falcon and Falcon Plus     single board
computer on a Qbus card implementing the basic PDP-11 instruction set,
based on T11 chipset containing 32 KB static RAM, two ROM sockets,
three serial lines, 20 bit parallel I/O, three interval timers and a
two-channel DMA controller. Up to 14 Falcons could be placed into one
Qbus system.
KXJ11     QBUS card (M7616) with PDP-11 based peripheral processor and
DMA controller. Based on a J11 CPU equipped with 512 kB RAM, 64 kB ROM
and parallel and serial interfaces.

  KXT11s are very fun boards.   I have one, I like it a lot.

  I don't have any KXJ11 though.   They are as rare as hens' teeth,
though I do see one on eBay right now for a not-too-terrible price.   I
just looked at the auction; it says "10+ available"!!!

  I'll bet he'd accept a lower-than-normal offer if it were for a
quantity of them.   Bulk purchase?