embedded libraries for PDP-11, was Re: [HECnet] DECUS RSX C compiler

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Oct 26 21:53:46 PDT 2012

On 10/26/2012 04:52 PM, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
The 2.11BSD lib looks
leaner, and I am using it in my pet OS project (I pick the pieces I need
"on the run", I have not done a complete port... yet).

If the above suggestion doesn't get you anywhere, perhaps avrlibc
could be hacked into a PDP-11 library.   All of the hardware support will
have to be ripped out of course, but there are nice tight
implementations of generic library functions in there.

I took a look at that.   It seems to be largely assembly code, which makes it not very helpful.

  I've lifted more than a few routines from it, and they've all been C.
Guess I just got lucky.   Sorry for the false start.