[HECnet] RSTS/E 10.1 and OpenVMS via DECnet

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Oct 29 10:47:26 PDT 2012

On 29 Oct 2012, at 13:42, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

Stupid question, where can I find said tape?

ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/rsts_freeware/ or similar, might not be that exact directory.

Sampsa

On 29 Oct 2012, at 19:38, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 29 Oct 2012, at 13:26, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

DECmail would rock - how hard is it to install?

Not very hard at all!
1). grab tape
2). attach tape (read the .ini)
3). log in!
4). @[0,1]instal layered_products
5). choose decmail
6). Press return until it completes.

No idea how to configure it though, but considering the lack of TCP/IP i'd assume it's pretty much just for users of the system it's installed on, might have DECnet bits though.

I know NOTHING about RSTS btw..

I barely know anything about RSTS myself ;). I'm trying to learn my way around, though.

Sampsa