rebuild RSTS/E monitor, was Re: [HECnet] RSTS/E 10.1 and OpenVMS via DECnet

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Oct 28 17:45:00 PDT 2012

On 10/28/2012 08:38 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Ok.   I'll bring up a RSTS/E system and run some tests here.   This
will involve real hardware; none of my emulated systems are
networked right now.   I may get to this later tonight.

You have a lot of real DEC hardware, don't you? ;)

  Yep.   I would estimate about 45-50, not including destkop machines.
Including desktop machines...it's...um, a LOT.

  And I wouldn't live any other way.

As that could take some time, have any experience with DECnet and
TOPS-20 in klh10?

  With DECnet on that platform, none at all.   Sorry. :-(

I read the documentation for it but it wasn't
particularly helpful with regards to the networking "fronted" klh10
emulates, and I can't exactly load the executor config stuff to bring
the node and circuit online.

  If Peter is around, he's your man here, I think.

Two things I can tell you is that I can easily reach a RSTS/E
system from a Linux system via LAT, and also file operations work
between that pair.   File operations also work between the RSTS/E
system and an Alpha running VMS. (all real hardware)

I've probably misconfigured something obvious.

  Could be.