rebuild RSTS/E monitor, was Re: [HECnet] RSTS/E 10.1 and OpenVMS via DECnet

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Oct 28 15:56:46 PDT 2012

On 10/28/2012 06:41 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I'll make one up for you.   But first, let's try to figure out
what's going wrong.

I'm installing everything that it asks to install and it copies
everything to disk, so I must be forgetting a step outside of the
installer.

  Ok, I've just done a (another) clean install from that tape image.
After the install was done, I logged in as [1,2] and ran a sysgen.
Everything worked fine.

  Why don't you tell me exactly what you're doing, in detail.