rebuild RSTS/E monitor, was Re: [HECnet] RSTS/E 10.1 and OpenVMS via DECnet

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun Oct 28 12:46:08 PDT 2012

On Oct 28, 2012, at 3:30 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 10/28/2012 03:25 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Yes, under emulation   but I keep getting stuck when it asks for disk 2
when I try to reinstall.   which I've not found an image of on
ftp.trailing-edge.com   what would the filename for the second tape
be?

"disk 2"??   What tape image are you installing from?

rstse_v10_1_install_sep10_1992.tap

It wasn't called "disk 2" exactly   .but it wanted a second tape, and I'm not sure which second tape it wants.

Did it ask for a "library tape", perchance?

In any case, grab this one:

http://www.neurotica.com/htdocs/misc/rsts10-1.tap

Let me know when you have it so I can remove it from the server.   Run
your install again from that one; it won't ask you for anything else.

Got it, re-running install now.