[HECnet] Leaving HECnet

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Thu Oct 25 19:49:17 PDT 2012

I'm working on consolidating my system and as part of this, I'm getting rid of my ESXi server that's running my virtual systems. I'm going to move them to my file server where I'll simply run them on demand from my Mac.

I thought about keeping HECnet around, but given that my connectivity hasn't been working anyway due to my firewall's insistence on randomizing the source port number for the DECnet-over-IP circuit, I think I'm just going to drop off at this point. Plus, I don't know when I'd be back online again in the future once I shut the server down.

The affected nodes to be removed are 19.300 through 19.304.

Thanks so much for letting me hang around. I still love the idea of a hobbyist DECnet. :-)

--Marc