[HECnet] Tardis and sidrat

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 23:07:30 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM,   <hvlems at zonnet.nl> wrote:
It takes a steady hand to work on live wires so say the least. The "card"
made me think you have pre-paid power and thus in the UK. Are there more
countries that do it that way?
________________________________
From: Tony Blews <tonyblews at gmail.com>
Sender: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 16:42:56 +0000
To: <hecnet at update.uu.se>
ReplyTo: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Tardis and sidrat

Basically I live in a flat built on to the back of a house. We were sharing
the electricity supply. Now its been changed so that we each have a
sub-meter and get charged independently. The change didn't go well.
The card meters take plastic cards that you load with credit at the local
shops.
Yes I live in the UK.