[HECnet] Tardis and sidrat

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 04:12:55 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Tony Blews <tonyblews at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My two machines (tardis and sidrat) are going to be down for a while due to
a series of power problems knackering the PSU on the machine I use to run
the bridge software.
Basically, my inept landlord decided to rewire our card meter live and
caused the power to cycle repeatedly for about 2 minutes. The PSU in the old
dell box couldn't handle that abuse.
As the Raspberries (which run the VAXen) were powered from that machine via
usb, I'm now awaiting a crate of wall-warts to power them back up.

I don't think it'll affect anyone, as I doubt anyone was using my simulated
machines, but i'm just letting you know.

Tony Blews

Hello!
Yow! Tony that's awful. (Almost as bad as what happened to an old
friend tonight.)

As for the Raspberries, I nearly bought one today at the Maker Faire.
I kept obsessing over it, and then decided I have too much on my
schedule for technology, and despite the fact that Slackware on it is
supposed to be stable, but I have my doubts.

As for your idiot landlord, let's just say I know how you feel, I once
had an apartment in a building that was so owned. I believe it changed
hands and the landlord is no longer that kind of boob.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com