[HECnet] decnet known area/nodes from SIMH instance

Dan Williams williams.dan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:00:53 PDT 2012

Hi,

You need :

ncp>def exec type routing iv
ncp>set exec state off
$@startnet

Also have you got dvnetrtg license loaded ?

That's what I normally forget.

Thanks

Dan

On 20 Sep 2012, at 12:05, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:

Bit of a puzzler here, but it'll probably turn out to be my configuration.
When the SIMH VAX/VMS 7.3 instance SIMVAX is serving hecnet.eu I get the following area/node stats reported:

Known Area Volatile Summary as of 20-SEP-2012 11:53:22
Area       State                   Circuit                     Next node to area
4             reachable             QNA-0                             0 (SIMVAX)

Known Node Volatile Summary as of 20-SEP-2012 11:53:37
Executor node = 4.248 (SIMVAX)
State                                       = on
Identification                     = DECnet for OpenVMS VAX V7.3
    Node                     State           Active   Delay     Circuit         Next node
                                                        Links
1.1 (MAGICA)                                                                 QNA-0                   0
1.2 (ERNIE)                                                                   QNA-0                   0
1.3 (FNATTE)                                                                 QNA-0                   0
1.4 (GOBLIN)                                                                 QNA-0                   0
1.5 (ZEKE)                                                                     QNA-0                   0
1.6 (GNOME)                                                                   QNA-0                   0
1.7 (BJARNE)                                                                 QNA-0                   0
1.8 (KRILLE)                                                                 QNA-0                   0

So only my area known, and weird stats for nodes. Can anyone tell me what is up with my configuration?
I'm running Johnny's bridge and if I bring up SLAVE, the AlphaServer 1000A, on the same area it reports all stats correctly. SIMVAX is currently unable to see MIM. I set it up as a non-routing node. When I tried setting it up via NETCONFIG as a routing
node I get everything unreachable.

Regards, Mark.

--
http://www.wickensonline.co.uk