[HECnet] SIMH IDLE (again)

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:47:41 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:
You'll have to forgive me, I'm not entirely familiar with how networking on VMS works at this level. Can you setup something that uses pseudo devices but doesn't require promiscuous mode and see if that works? If so then I think we can definitely narrow it down to your promiscuous theory. If that's the case it just then becomes a question of is the issue with the pseudo devices themselves or the way PCAP is setting them up?

I have no idea what I'm talking about, by the way. Just thinking out loud. :)

-brian