[HECnet] SIMH IDLE (again)

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Sep 19 14:07:34 PDT 2012

On Sep 16, 2012, at 14:23, Peter Coghlan <HECNET at beyondthepale.ie> wrote:

Perhaps there is a host platform specific problem with set cpu idle?

That's the conclusion I've come to as it works fine most places. Something about Solaris trips it up but I haven't been able to figure out what yet.

I would also like to run multible instances of simh. This works fine for me as
long as only one of them tries to do networking. Once I attempt to start
networking on a second instance, the networking on the first instance stops
working. This makes it difficult to run a vaxcluster on my alpha :-(

How are the simh instances sharing the Ethernet interface?

-brian